LEVEL 3 BUSINESS ADMINTISTRATOR
Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities. The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills. The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills. The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others.
Business administration is relevant to hundreds of job roles, meaning it is a starting point for getting into any industry ranging from retail, banking, recruitment or healthcare. The job roles you may see your self in could be an administrator, receptionist or junior secretary. During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop skills that are valuable to employers in any sector.
What apprentices will learn:
- Skilled in the use of multiple IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation in order to: write letters or emails, create proposals, perform financial processes, record and analyse data.
- Making recommendations for improvements and present solutions to management.
- Maintaining records and files, handles confidential information in compliance with the organisation’s procedures.
- Demonstrating ability to influence and challenge appropriately.
- A new qualification and Apprentice Standard developed by employers for the work force of the future.
- The standard is broken up into Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours ensuring all areas of your work role are enhanced.
- A named Training Consultant to guide you every step of the way throughout your journey.
- Regular reviews and meetings to help you keep in track.
- A unique eportfolio and tracking software system that you can use to monitor your progress, communicate with your Training Consultant, upload work and receive feedback on your progress.
- Masterclasses, Professional Discussions and work based evidence to develop your knowledge and skills to produce your own bespoke portfolio of evidence.
- You will use this portfolio to compile an Apprentice showcase to demonstrate your new skills and competence.
- Observations from industry professionals ensure you are on the right track to achieve your qualification.
- An Independent Assessor will observe you at the end of your programme, review your portfolio and apprentice showcase. They will grade your work a Pass or Distinction. This is known as End Point Assessment. (EPA)
- If you need to improve your English or maths qualifications this will be covered during your studies. You will receive support and guidance and undertake online assessments to gain Ofqual accredited qualifications.
- All of the qualifications are your achievements, the certificates will be in your name and can be added to your CV.
- Reward and recognition of success will be peppered throughout the programme culminating in graduation ceremony to recognise your achievements.
- These qualifications could be the first step in your professional career, at the end of your programme you can discuss your next steps and progression routes as this qualification will advance your skills to then progress to roles such Management or Senior Support.