LEVEL 2 CUSTOMER SERVICE PRACTITIONER
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or through going out into the customer’s own locality. These may be one-off or routine contacts and include dealing with orders, payments, offering advice, guidance and support, meet-and-greet, sales, fixing problems, after care, service recovery or gaining insight through measuring customer satisfaction. You may be the first point of contact and work in any sector or organisation type. Your actions will influence the customer experience and their satisfaction with your organisation. You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and behaviours as well as product and/or service knowledge when delivering to your customers. You provide service in line with the organisation’s customer service standards and strategy and within appropriate regulatory requirements. Your customer interactions may cover a wide range of situations and can include; face-to-face, telephone, post, email, text and social media.
Customer service is relevant to hundreds of job roles, so it’s a great foundation for getting into any industry, ranging from retail, banking, recruitment or healthcare. They all need great customer service! You could become a customer service assistant, representative or agent. During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop skills that are valuable to employers in any sector.
What apprentices will learn:
- customer service principles and practices – including customer experience and feedback, internal and external customers, needs and priorities, targets and goals and right first time
- business principles and practices – including brand promise, core values, complaints process, internal policies and legislation and regulatory requirements
- customer service skills – including building rapport and trust, conflict management and influencing and reinforcement techniques
- communications – including interpersonal, tone of voice and verbal and non-verbal communications
- presentation – including dressing appropriately and using positive and confident language
- using customer service tools and resources – including those used to meet customer needs and measure, monitor and evaluate customer service levels
- A new qualification and Apprentice Standard developed by employers for the work force of the future.
- The standard is broken up into Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours ensuring all areas of your work role are enhanced.
- Validated and supported by First Utility as the first step on their desire to achieve outstanding customer service excellence.
- Endorsed by the Institute of Customer Service; you can become a professional member once qualified.
- A named Training Consultant to guide you every step of the way throughout your journey.
- Regular reviews and meetings to help you keep in track.
- A unique eportfolio and tracking software system that you can use to monitor your progress, communicate with your Training Consultant, upload work and receive feedback on your progress.
- Masterclasses, Professional Discussions and work based evidence to develop your knowledge and skills to produce your own bespoke portfolio of evidence.
- You will use this portfolio to compile an Apprentice showcase to demonstrate your new skills and competence.
- Observations from industry professionals ensure you are on the right track to achieve your qualification.
- An Independent Assessor will observe you at the end of your programme, review your portfolio and apprentice showcase. They will grade your work a Pass or Distinction. This is known as End Point Assessment. (EPA)
- If you need to improve your English or maths qualifications this will be covered during your studies. You will receive support and guidance and undertake online assessments to gain Ofqual accredited qualifications.
- All of the qualifications are your achievements, the certificates will be in your name and can be added to your CV.
- Reward and recognition of success will be peppered throughout the programme culminating in graduation ceremony to recognise your achievements.
- These qualifications could be the first step in your professional career, at the end of your programme you can discuss your next steps and progression routes.