You will all be aware of the developing situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). It is clear that there is a potential effect on events and gatherings. Our priority at events will always be the health and safety of our clients and attendees. We want to take this opportunity to provide you with some advice if you are attending our courses; and the steps we’re taking to ensure we can continue to deliver safe training for our clients.
Firstly, I would like to be clear at this point Vortex has no plans to make any changes to our training programme. We will continue to monitor the situation carefully and will follow any Government and Public Health England advice. Any changes will be communicated directly to registered attendees and via our social media channels and email.
Secondly, we recommend members keep themselves up to date with Government’s latest advice found below, and NHS information on the virus and how to protect yourself found below.
ADVICE TO OUR DELEGATES WHEN ATTENDING OUR EVENTS
- If you are feeling unwell, do not attend our events.
- If you have returned to the UK in the last 14 days from any area listed in Public Health England’s Guidance found below, do not attend our events. Official advice is anyone returning from a ‘Category One’ area should be self-isolating.
- If you have been in close contact with colleagues, friends or family who have returned to the UK in the last 14 days from any of the above areas, do not attend our events.
- Wash your hands on arrival and departure from our events. Government advice is you should wash your hands on or before entering a new environment.
- Where possible carry hand sanitiser. Although, Government and NHS advice is that washing your hands is significantly more effective than using hand sanitiser. This is also helpful advice given current supply issues and increasing cost of hand sanitiser.
- We recommend members and attendees cease shaking hands and avoid physical contact. This is a personal choice, but we do suggest members and attendees are conscious others may be not be currently comfortable shaking hands or with physical contact.
- For our first aid courses, we are following guidance advised by the Resuscitation Council
STEPS WE’RE TAKING TO ENSURE OUR EVENTS REMAIN SAFE
- Where supply permits, we will have hand sanitisers available at events. I stress again that Government and NHS advice is washing your hands is significantly more effective than using hand sanitiser. As mentioned earlier, there are supply issues and we cannot guarantee availability at every event.
- We will contact registered attendees in advance with the above guidance.
- Using signage, we will ask attendees arriving at our events to consider the above two points before entering the event.
We understand that the situation is changing all of the time, but please rest assured that Vortex are monitoring the situation on your behalf, and will continue to operate our events programme for as long as official guidance permits and there is demand from members. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0191 432 4401.